- The GNHC and Bhutan Trust Fund for Environmental Conservation (BTFEC) signed an agreement on 27th December 2016 at 10 am at GNHC office.
- As per the agreement, BTFEC will provide a grant of Nu. 62 million starting from January, 2017 to finance 11 projects predominantly on environment and biodiversity conservation and improving the livelihood of highlanders of the western frontier of the country
- The above projects will be largely implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests.
- During the grant agreement signing, the officiating Secretary of GNHC thanked BTFEC for their consistent support to RGOB in financing the RGOB’s environmental priorities and needs. He said RGOB considers BTFEC as a reliable development partner to address RGOB’s environmental and climate change issues
- Director, BTFEC also urged all the grantees to be responsible and be accountable in successfully completing the projects benefiting the environment and the livelihoods of the community.
After signing the grant agreements, in order to make the project coordinators and accountants familiarized with BTFEC’s project implementation and reporting systems, one day orientation program was conducted by BTFEC.